Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Response to Supersize Me


If you have yet to see This movie, go watch it right now. Watching this in my college English class was the second time I have seen this movie. This guy was either very smart, or very foolish. H risked his life to show America, no the World, what we are doing to ourselves by eating this junk every day of our lives. 

Okay so I'm a pretty skinny kid, close to being a skeleton. The sad thing is, that right after watching this movie I went and got some McDonalds. Before that I hadn't eaten the stuff for a couple months. I think that just like any food, Fast food is okay in moderation. It's okay to indulge in it every once in a while, but any more than that and you are risking your health. So i drive up to Mickey D's, found a parking spot, and headed on in. [I don't like drive throughs for some reason.] Looking at the Menu I realized that Morgan Spurlock was a genius. Like he said in his movie, McDonalds no longer offered the Supersize portions after his movie. Also, when I ordered my BigMac, the Cashier didn't ask me if I wanted to make it a large size. I don't know if she was being Lazy, or if she wasn't allowed to ask anymore, but it was a nice change.

Since then I have only made one other visit to the Golden Arches and that is because my Dad [who doesn't need to be eating fast food] wanted to go there after we visited the junkyard. Since watching Supersize me for the first time back in 10th Grade P.E. I have really cut back on the fast food. Every once in a while I like to indulge myself, just like anyone else, but for the most part I like to eat home made stuff. Ever try making your own fast food at home? It's a lot healthier and pretty fun at the same time.

Pertinent Links: 

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

Watch: Lethal Weapon 2 for why you don't like drive-thrus.